Hi V ... This is the Cussen Memorial a mausoleum located within the Roman Catholic section of the Boroondara General Cemetery, Kew. It was constructed in 1912-13 by Leo Cussen in memory of his son Hubert. Leo Cussen (later Sir Leo) was appointed to the bench of the Supreme Court of Victoria in 1906, where he displayed the qualities which were to mark him, in the words of Sir Owen Dixon, as the 'greatest of all judges', combining legal expertise with great humanity and practicality. The Cussen Memorial is of architectural significance as a fine example of an early twentieth century mausoleum in the Gothic style, designed by WP Conolly, one of the most prominent architects designing Catholic churches in Melbourne in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries ... Cheers J.
Shared with Taphophile Tragics.