Thursday, July 5, 2012

Today Our Lives Have Changed - Higgs Boson Particle


Today, I’m told, our lives have changed.

Scientists may have discovered the elusive “God Particle”; a missing piece of particle physics crucial to “The Big Bang”; the thing that generates the masses of all other particles; a key to understanding dark matter; the Holy Grail that makes the universe work!

Let me know when it can do the vacuuming, wash the dishes, cut the lawn and predict the Lotto numbers.

Oh and why the Possum I hear you ask. He’s stuffed.  He was stuffed yesterday and he’s still stuffed today.

10 comments:

  1. My life changed and I didn't notice - nothing new there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I think it's a squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction Jayne. A number of people over on my facebook site also picked up my squirrel/possum faux pas. I have since joined a rodent identification class lol.

      Delete
    2. Haha. Was that photo taken at Tarlo & Graham on Chapel Street? I took a photo of a squirrel in their window a few weeks ago.

      I think taxidermy is 'in' right now. I've been seeing stuffed animals in quite a few places. There's a wart hog on the wall of a barber shop in Richmond. It's not a pretty beast (alive or stuffed).

      Delete
    3. Can't remember the name of the shop but it was in a shop window in Chapel Street on a few weeks ago. Must the same squirrel!

      Delete
  3. Possum, squirrel..it doesn't matter, we're all stuffed if we carry on treating the world like a trash can... happy thoughts, see what you started Joe haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha. funny!
    really, they found it?!
    do you know that actually it was called the "goddamn" particle? but the biographers of the guy thought it not nice to put in print something about a goddamn particle, and changed it to "god". but ofcourse he named it like that because of all the frustration searching for it.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Higgs hated the nickname "God particle".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes apparently they have discovered that everything is made of treacle which gives it mass. Previously it was thought that treacle only came from certain mines.

    ReplyDelete