Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Banjo Shark

Hi V ... A good friend of mine studies all there is to know about sharks!  While diving in a marine sanctuary off the shore at Rickett's Point, Beaumaris last week she came upon three Banjo Sharks and managed to photograph this one cruising along the sea floor with her Gopro camera.  She was kind enough to let me post it on Melbourne Snaps and as you will never see an underwater photograph from me I jumped at the chance.  Thanks G.  It's a fantastically clear shot of a world that is foreign to me. 

7 comments:

  1. That is a spectacular photo! Kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You friend took a super shot Joe, I'm so with you on the 'feet on terra firma' thing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, never say never Joe!
    Thanks to your friend, it's the first time I see this kind of shark, beautiful shot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic capture of another world ... well done to your friend ... I'm like you Joe standing on a jetty is as brave as I get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that would be an amazing experience Joe. Thanks to your friend for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic shot. What an exciting discovery and adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi J,
    In all my years of teaching, I taught a lot about sharks but this is a new one for me. Thanks to your friend for this great photo!
    V

    ReplyDelete