Wednesday, April 16, 2014

FULL MOON

All eyes were on the sky last night for a glimpse of what the media is calling a "Blood Moon". I believe the reference is to a reddish tinge which occurs during an eclipse when the earth's shadow crosses the moon's surface.  From my vantage point at Ormond Hill in Melbourne the eclipse occurred just as the moon rose from the horizon. Unfortunately a dusky haze obscured the red shadow, at least to my eyes.  Thought I would post a photo of the full moon when it was higher in the sky out of the eclipse and the dusky haze. Cheers J.

5 comments:

  1. I must confess that not "all eyes" were on the moon last night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to capture some shots. It was too cloudy over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moon photo. I got up in the middle of the night to see the moon eclipse, but our sky was cloudy so there was nothing to see.

    ReplyDelete